1000 - Registration and Welcome Tea/Coffee
1030 - Opening Notes from Conference Chair
Dr. Sanjay Joglekar, Founder & CEO, Scioall Consulting
Consulting Business Leader with 20+ years of demonstrated leadership in all aspects of consulting, delivering projects on-time and under budget, for Indian Ports, worked with P&O Ports globally as, GM – IT and CISO for South East Asia and Middle East.
Expertise in providing international consulting services for planning, managing and implementing major Systems Integration and Engineering Program Management.
Experience in defining the metrics and dashboard for Directors and CXO levels.
Design, developed, implemented, restructured and maintained the end-to-end IT Infrastructure for Ports and Ship Operation including business software.
Sanjay’s achievements of Consulting / IT solutions have significantly contributed to his team winning the Excellence in Innovation and Quality, also appreciation from HH and Board of Directors.
IT strategist who has architect various corporate IT roadmap. Certified Six Sigma black belt, SQA, ISO 27001 and ITIL V3.
Holds MBA(O&G), M.Tech.(IT) and Ph.D. in Project Management
Facing the Cyber Threat: An Overview of Maritime Cyber Challenges and Focus on Building Resilience
1045 - Future-proofing Maritime Ports against Emerging Cyber-Physical Threats
- Fast-evolving cyber-physical landscape and associated security threats
- The meaning of cyber resilience in a port centric environment
- Applicable cyber security strategies and governance measures
- Balancing operational needs and security defences in an OT-heavy setup
Steven Sim, a Senior Manager in PSA Singapore’s InfoComm & Technology Division, is the go-to for queries on Cyber Security. As part of his portfolio, he drove information security initiatives, developed security standards, risk managed security threats, performed vulnerability research, promoted security awareness and also led PSA Group's IT Security Centre of Expertise to franchise best practices to other PSA terminals around the globe.
He holds a Masters in Computing and is a certified CCISO, CGEIT, CRISC, CISM, CISA and CISSP. He also held SANS GIAC GICSP certification in industrial control security, malware analysis, incident handling, perimeter protection and audit.
During his career, he developed a strategy for inexpensive automated containment of infected/vulnerable systems presented at FIRST conference aiding an NIQC gold win. Steven has also undertaken roles with various security associations including ISACA and SCS. At one point, he directed the setup of the largest honeynet project outside US. He was a finalist for the Leaders category in the Inaugural The Cybersecurity Awards 2018 held in Singapore and a runner up for the 30th run of the Honeynet Alliance Scan of the Month challenge.
1110 - Developing Innovative Cyber Resilience in a Global Environment
- Progressing to Industry 4.0.
- Increasing adoption of technology in logistics
- DP World is converging and integrating
- Cyber Security if more than just cyber
- Talking about multi dimension defence
- Going forward:
- In marine logistics cyber security
- Electronic tools
- The Physical World
- Human Factors
- Operations systems, equipment and network
Chin Seng is an experience Senior Technology Executive with more than 32 years of experience, working in the Asia Pacific (Singapore), China, Middle East and USA (LA).
Chin Seng is the Senior VP of Global IT in DP World. He is leading the digitalization of DP World through the implementation of a Global Digital platform that serves our 78 terminals in 40 countries.
He has been in senior management roles for the last 21 years, leading and transforming organizations through technology. He is a thought leader in the use of technology to transform companies towards greater efficiencies and transforming new business models. His experience spans across Healthcare Industry, Manufacturing, FMCG, distribution Logistics, Free Trade Zones, Customs, Regulatory controls and Maritime Logistics.
In the age of digitalization of Business, it is about transforming to deliver business value:
- Business Digitalization, Business Transformation, and Process Re-engineering
- The product, Process and Service innovation, and integration
- Achieving business values, improving operations’ efficiencies and creating greater delights in customers’ processes.
- Future and Smart City Research and Development. Research and Development of Technology Solutions of Intelligent Cities through different Social-Psychology Profiles, People Behaviors, Person lifecycle and changing needs and social acceptance of solutions.
As a successful practitioner, a thought leader and a technology/ business evangelist, Chin Seng have successful lead and deliver the use of new developments in technology and businesses, to present value, relevance and instill a strong sense of confidence for businesses to execute and implement.
1135 - Cyber Security in a Digital World
Aman Dhingra, Associate Partner, McKinsey & Company
Aman Dhingra is an Associate Partner based in Singapore. He has expertise in cyber security, technology, strategy and operations related topics in asset-heavy industries such as Oil & Gas, Energy & Materials across Southeast Asia.
- Since joining McKinsey in 2009, Aman supported various clients on digital and technology related topics in Asia, Europe and the U.S. In Asia, Aman supports clients by leveraging the power of digital and data analytics to drive business innovation globally.
- Aman is also leading the set-up and development of the Digital Operations Lighthouse in Singapore, to scale usage of Digital technologies across various industries.
Relevant experience (excerpt)
- Led the end-to-end digitization strategy for two major Oil & Gas National Oil Carriers in Asia, including implementing prototypes for specific initiatives identified
- Created the end-to-end technology (IT and OT) roadmap for a global energy and resources major
- Set-up the cybersecurity organization for a major National Oil Carrier in Asia, including in-depth evaluation of their security architecture
- Established the Digital and IT vendor sourcing strategy for a leading mining client
- Supported a UK based public sector client with their digitization strategy
- Evaluated technical systems of a public sector organization, recommending the operating model for their new shared services department
- Set-up the CTO function of a global investment bank to drive clear decisions about the IT architecture functions
- Shaped the launch of McKinsey’s internal New Ventures group – Conducted several due-dilligences for digital and technology assets that McKinsey brings to its clients
- Conducted a technology focused due-diligence for a leading Private Equity firm
- Aman is a former Software Developer with experience working with SAP and Infosys in India.
- Aman holds an MBA from Duke University and a Bachelor of Engineering in Aeronautical from Punjab University in India
1200 - Protecting Vessels from the Internal and External Cyber Threat
Stratos Margaritis, Solutions Architect, Navarino
Stratos Margaritis is the Solutions Architect at Navarino. He has been with Navarino for 4 years, providing solutions and technical support to customers and partners.
Stratos holds a Masters degree in Computer Science from University of Bergen.
1230 - Lunch
Business Planning and Cyber Preparedness
1400 - A.I. for Enhanced Cyber Resilience from Marine to Space
- Is the A.I. Powered Cyber Space the Fifth Dimension?
- What are the key technology trends and implications?
- This session will discuss how advances in A.I. can make a difference in enhancing cyber resilience in the digital transformation from marine to space.
Walter Lee is the Evangelist & Government Relations Leader, Global Safety Division, NEC. He leads a team to evangelise, envision and enable new test-beds with government agencies and corporations globally. He was the Head of Innovation Management Office, Global Safety Division of NEC where he led various strategic PoCs and spearheaded a solutioning roadmap.
Prior to joining NEC, he held senior management appointments in various industries.
He was the CEO of the e-Cop Group, Senior Vice-President at the Agency for Science Technology and Research, Head/Vice President at IDC Consulting Asia-Pacific, member of the Worldwide Consulting Management Board, and Head/Vice-President of E-Commerce at the SIA Group, and Member of the Founding Committee of Zuji.Com.
1425: Panel Discussion: Business Planning and Cyber Preparedness
Rob O’Dwyer, Editor, Digital Ship
Rob O'Dwyer, Editor of Digital Ship, has been a maritime IT journalist since 2005. He has a Master's degree in business and law from University College Dublin and was previously a commercial writing consultant in Seoul, South Korea.
Rob was also previously Editor of Port Finance International.
Lin Jiang, Operations Manager - Asia, Seatec Communications, V. Group
Lin Jiang began working in Marine Communication, Navigation and Electronics field in 2005, after a short sailing experience on board as 3rd Officer. He joined Seatec Communications (previously Seacom Electronics Ltd) in 2010 as Service Engineer to Technical Manager and now serves as Operations Manager for Asia. He moved from Shanghai office to Singapore in 2014.
Lin has helped Seatec Communications grow a more reputational division inside V.Group (world’s largest ship management company) and expanding the service from limited products to a more widely covered provider including Commercial Airtime (VSAT/FBB, IT/Network etc.), Traditional NavCom service/coordination (GMDSS, Gyro, Radar, VDR etc.) , ECDIS/ENC (Supply/install ECDIS also provide ENC/ADP/ENPs) and also other Emerging Solutions (Crew Internet, Cyber Security on Board, System Integration etc.). He is well aware of present ship’s digits and also a thinker for future digitalized ships.
He holds a Bachelor’s degree from Dalian Maritime University, one of the best maritime institutes in China and major in Navigation Technology.
Sam Goh, Senior Lead Technologist, Booz Allen Hamilton
Sam Goh has 18 years of experience in IT & Information Security industry, of which he spent 12 years working in Australia, UK and Asia Pacific. He has worked primarily in Telecommunications, Banking, and last 6 years in Professional Services.
He has held several Information Security roles in the headquarters of various Fortune 500 Financial Services organization in Australia and United Kingdom, before starting his consultancy career as Principal Consultant for BT Security AMEA, Senior Managing Consultant for IBM Security Services APAC, before joining Booze Allen Hamilton as their Senior Lead Technologist in 2018.
Sam earned his Bachelor of Science (Information Systems) from The University of Melbourne, as well as a Post-Graduate Certificate in Electronic-Crime Investigation from a Public-Private Partnership course from The University of Melbourne and Victoria Police’s Computer Crime Squad with straight distinctions. He also carries the following professional industry certification:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Payment Card Industry Security Implementer (CPISI)
- ISO27001 Information Security Management System Lead Auditor (ISMS LA)
For past 5 years, Sam also dedicated his free time to the (ISC)2 Singapore Chapter, he and a group of dedicated professionals setup and run a local non-profit Chapter under the globally recognized (ISC)2 since 2012. He is currently serving as the Advisor and Immediate Past President of the (ISC)2 Singapore Chapter.
Peng Wei Tan, Chief, IT Strategy and Management at Institute of Systems Science,
National University of Singapore
Peng Wei is currently the Chief of IT Strategy & Management Practice at the Institute of System Science (ISS), National University of Singapore. He has more than 20 years’ experience in both Business and Technology management of Information Technology including in the Cybersecurity arena.
Prior to joining ISS, he was the President and Co-founder of a Start-up working of an integrated traditional and digital media platform. In addition, he has held various leadership positions including being the Asia Pacific President, CDk Global, South East Asia Managing Director for Electronic Data Systems and General Manager of Application Services with HP China. He has consulted and engaged with many large MNCs including General Motors, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Delphi Automotive, TSMC, SSMC, ABN AMRO Bank and SATS.
Peng Wei also has a good diverse cultural understanding having worked and lived in China, Singapore, Taiwan and the US. He returned with his family to Singapore in November 2015 after living and working in China for 7 years.
Educational Qualifications/Professional Certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) – ISC2
- Certified IT Outsourcing Manager for IT (COMIT, Senior), SCS
- Certified Professional Logistician (CPL) – The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
- Certified IT Project Manager (CITPM, Senior), SCS
- Graduate, School of Command and Staff College, Singapore Armed Forces
- Master in Business Administration, University of Hull, UK
- Bachelor of Science (Information Systems), Department of Information Systems and Computer Science, National University of Singapore
Tomy Kuang, Head of Information Technology Department,
PT. Wintermar Offshore Marine Tbk
Tomy Kuang is the Head of IT in PT Wintermar Offshore Marine Tbk, a shipping company based in Jakarta which operates a large range of offshore supply vessels.
Tomy's role in Wintermar includes managing all vessel satellite communication, maritime application including vessel monitoring system. During the past three years identifying and mitigating cyber risk has become his main focus in his duties.
Before joining Wintermar, he worked as IT consultant in ABX Tabitha Logistics and Sigma Balicamp which is based in Bali.
1510 - Preparing for a Cyber Breach
- Cyber breach is almost a certainty. Your systems will be compromised at some point. If it can happen to Maersk it can happen to you.
- Various types of loss that can flow from breach (there are more than you realise) - how big/damaging/costly they can be. Some examples. This will have some reference to potential regulatory/legal risks too.
- How to you manage this exposure - key parts of a Cyber-risk management approach to mitigating this risk (as opposed to cyber security). What do you need to be doing. What help is out there.
Rory is a Hong Kong-based partner of Ince & Co and an accomplished lawyer with over 15 years of experience advising clients in the shipping and maritime industry. A pragmatic problem-solver with extensive experience in resolving cross-border maritime, trade and general commercial disputes, he has developed a specialist practice to assist clients in pro-actively addressing those risk factors that affect the operation and development of their businesses. This extends to the fast-changing compliance and risk management landscape, particularly cyber security risks. Rory is one of the pioneer members of the firm’s global Regulatory and Compliance group, co-heading the regional team in Asia. On the cyber-security side he has worked in partnership with Navigant to develop products specifically for the shipping and logistics sectors to address the risks posed by cyber-crime.
He has also contributed to a great number of cybersecurity articles including:
- The Cyber-sized hole in the insurance market (first published in the November 2017 edition of The Marine Professional)
- Cyber attack on Shipping company shows industry ill preparedness (FWD News - Forward with TOLL)
- Digitalisation in Shipping. Have you effectively mitigated your risk whilst seeking to reap the rewards? (Maritime Risks)
- Cybersecurity a boardroom priority, says Ince & Co (Asian-Mena Counsel)
- Cybersecurity an imperative, not a choice, says Ince & Co (first published in the September 2017 edition of Seatrade Maritime magazine)
- Preparing for the inevitable – cyber-attacks a matter of when, not if, for shipping (Splash 24/7)
- Shipping got off lightly in first cyber security attacks, say legal experts (Marine MEC)
- New technology ‘could force shipping consolidation’ (HIS)
1535 - Tea/Coffee Break
kindly sponsored by EPSCO-RA
Training, Awareness and the Human Factor
1600 - Cyber Vulnerabilities for Shipping – Building Awareness
Peter Schellenberger, Managing Director OSERV Pte Ltd, Supply Chain and Services,
OSM Maritime Group
Peter who hails from Germany has had regional management appointments in Asia for the past 28 years. His foray into shipping started with 8 years in Shipsupply in Singapore, after which he was called to look after Supply Chain, Marcas Procurement Pool and Global Agency Business for the V.Group out of Singapore. New appointment is to be MD of OSERV which provides Supply Chain and Maritime Services to OSM Group vessels and third parties out of Singapore.
1625 - Incorporating Cyber Strategies Into your Daily Operations
Rajan Bagade, IT Director, Khorgos Gateway
Rajan Bagade is Maritime IT Professional of experience in the domain of Maritime Industry for about 26 years. Presently working for DP World Kazakhstan as Core Management Team (IT) for Khorgos Project. I have worked in various domain of Maritime industry from Maritime Software Industry, Consultant for Maritime IT to CIO for Port & Logistic Domain. I have implemented total 6 Greenfield and 4 brownfield IT Projects of Ports during this tenure. I have worked in DP World Nhava Sheva, DP World Mundra, Adani Ports and Logistics, Jade Software, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust & Khorgos Gateway. I have completed also business process audit for Gulftainer in UAE & Milaha at Doha Port in Qatar.
I poses the broad competency in:
- Reviewing the business process for maritime domain and solution identification.
- Carrying out the assessment and preparing blueprint for IT system including Automation system for the Ports and Logistic Company.
- Formulating process vision, design, enhancement strategy and transition strategy.
- Developing and deploying key execution strategies across businesses.
- Managing projects and implementing project plans within preset budgets and deadlines
I have been keynote speaker in below seminars:
- Port Automation System - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Oct 2014.
- Cyber Security for Maritime, 10-13 October 2017 (Singapore)
- Engineer Graduate from Pune University
- Project Management Professional
1650 - Building Safety and Security Competencies
- Measuring the human impact and managing resistance
- Translating guidance into training and education
Rohit currently works as a Group HSSEQ (Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality Assurance) Manager. Responsible for HSSEQ activities related to Tanker Fleet (Asphalt, Chemical, Product and Gas Tankers), Bulker Fleet (Cape size, Panamax, Handy Size; Geared and Non-Geared), Oil and Gas Fleet (FPSO and FSU) and Off-Shore Fleet (OSV, PSC, AHTS, Accommodation and other barges). A Scandinavian owned company with offices based in Singapore, Croatia, Manila and Jakarta.
Previously Rohit worked at Esteemed Ship management (Tankers and Bulkers), as Marine Superintendent in February 2007 with a steady growth to Group HSSEQ Manager within the same organization.
1715 - Chairman’s Conclusions and Call to Action, Followed by Conference Networking Drinks until 1900
*Please note topics and titles may be subject to amend. The organiser reserves the right to make changes to this agenda without notice or penalty.
For more information on speakers and agenda please contact email@example.com