Facing the Cyber Threat: An Overview of Maritime Cyber Challenges and Focus on Building Resilience
The maritime industry is on the cusp of radical and far reaching advances in technology, and there are ever increasing factors for shipping companies to consider. With this in mind, Digital Ship is excited to announce a new formula for our 10th annual event in Singapore.
What challenges do these developments thus pose to our industry, and how can we use these to our advantage? With companies now considering strategies for managing security and risk, looking at ways to implement cost reduction, learning about plans for unmanned ships, and seeing the increasing development and influence of the maritime cloud and the Internet of Things, it is clear that sustainable innovation and disruptive influence in shipping is becoming more important than ever.
Bringing it all together, Digital Ship is bringing its Maritime CIO Forum to Singapore for the first time on 13 October, where you can meet your peers and keep up with the latest trends, ideas and innovations for your industry. With an expected audience of up to 150 of the most senior maritime executives this event has been developed to address issues and trends that leaders in the shipping community face in an increasingly demanding environment; expected to deliver strategies capable of both driving revenue and reducing costs - all while making smart decisions about technology selection, investment and implementation.
Throughout this one-day high-level forum industry leaders will share their strategies to address the challenges presented by the new maritime landscape, and the key roles played by innovation and the drive for sustainability. Expert sessions will be underlined by panel discussions and interactive dialogue with the audience – covering issues such as:
- How is innovation in communications driving the future of shipping?
- The cyber challenge – maritime security and risk
- Innovating and investing in the industrial Internet of Things (IoT)
- Big data and analytics to drive innovation, competitiveness and growth
- The Digital Age - maximising efficiencies with next generation solutions for the maritime market
- Harnessing disruptive innovation in the maritime sector
Highly targeted, this year’s Digital Ship Maritime CIO Forum in Singapore will consider the future of shipping and how the CIO and other Technical Managers can influence sustainability and competitiveness in a fast paced and ever changing maritime environment. It will provide an opportunity for some of the industry’s leading technology experts and business heads to discuss and debate the on-going role of IT and communications in the shipping industry and help to solve the technology, leadership and business challenges ahead.
Who should attend:
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Chief Technology Officers (CTOs)
- Chief Operating Officers (COOs)
- Other senior business and technical executives in technology, communications, information management, operations, and finance functions
- Suppliers providing:
- Ship Shore Communications
- Software / Data Services
- Shipboard Electronics / Safety / Navigation Systems
- Control Systems / Power
- Security Technology